Okay so I made ONE more “Clean Out the Pantry” meal yesterday for lunch. I know I said I couldn’t pull off a third, but after my Cuban inspired bowl, and curry bowl I realized I had the “fixin’s” for an easy pasta bowl.
Clean Out the Pantry Pasta Bowl
This was a really basic and less creative one than my last 2 but came out delicious nonetheless. It was rainy and gloomy all day here so a warm and filling lunch hit the spot. This was the easiest of all with frozen turkey meatballs simmered in a jar of tomato sauce. Then I tossed that with some penne and shredded some fresh parm on top. BOOM. Problem solved, next problem. If I wanted to make this more of a complete meal I would have added a yummy salad on the side buuuut I didn’t so too bad.
Okay I’m officially tapped out, time to get my butt to Publix finally!
On another note, I found a fun “20 Questions” style survey on Hillary’s blog, Nutrition Nut on the Run and I thought it would make a perfect easy Saturday post.
1. What brings you the most joy? spending a relaxing day with my favorite husband and kitties at home, girls days with my mom
2. What are your vices? Real Housewives of (fill in the blank), popcorn & brownies, morning Starbucks coffee, signing up for races haha
3. What is on your nightstand? Aedan’s cat bed (not sure how it ended up there, but he gets to sleep near us but still have his own space so it works) a crate full of books, glasses, iPhone charger and usually tumbler of water
Remember when Sophie was so small that she and Aedan could share a catbed?
4. Do you have a secret talent? I am apparently really good at winning things!
5. What is your greatest indulgence? race entry fees, Kate Spade things
My most recent Kate Spade addition.
6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? take yourself out on a date and do anything you want with yourself
7. What makes you laugh? Ryan, my cats, my friend Aline, Pandora’s Stand up Comedy station
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I absolutely hated running growing up
9. What is on your bucket list? Europe, publish a book, NWHM, buy my dream house
10. What is on your feet right now? nothing!
11. How did you make your first dollar? probably chores around the house as a kid
12. What superstition do you believe in? I’m not really superstitious but I’m not in love with the 666 in my DL#
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Loft jeans & jean shorts in the summer
14. What is the best gift you have ever received? my engagement ring
15. What is on your liquor shelf? We have a little bar area we created with decanters of vodka, tequila and rum we basically never use, some pretty mixers, and a few bottles of wine. Mostly we have pretty classes and knick knacks
16. What is on your kitchen counter? Keurig & regular coffee-maker, toaster oven, place to dry dishes…I need a Kitchen Aid stand mixer one of these days!! preferably in a shade of light blue pleaseee
17. What would you never leave home without? iPhone
18. What movie has the greatest ending? Psycho has a pretty great ending the first time you see it
19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party? I have no idea…can I just invite Leonardo DiCaprio so we can spend some quality time together
20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? Don’t be afraid to take less traditional paths to happiness and success!
Pick one of the questions and answer in the comments for me- or answer the questions in your own blog post and link so I can go read ‘em!